Developers' Notes on the 5 types of attributes and Ninjutsu

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Re: Developers' Notes on the 5 types of attributes and Ninjutsu

Postby JoakimMos » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:43 am

Your recharge fills you up for 215.. In one turn.. That's better than 240 over three turns..
(Please note it costs 80 chakra to use it.. Meaning 160 chakra gain, not 240..)
JoakimMos

Postby bodik001 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 am

i'm sorry if it may sound like i'm whinning.. but i thought that the idea was to make this game fair?

so far everything has been good in the game... but can you at least listen to the others?
all of the other elements have been improved, earth in particular has been improved too much.. the 30 hp increase is troubling people. there has been a lot of comments about earth having too much hp.

I think sasha is a earth user because you can't see the big difference in the other elements.

Free users don't have the privilege to change stats so they can't explore that much... making a new account would be one way of knowing what is the best thing to build. but not really ideal...

i like this game a lot and i just want everyone to enjoy it... but there are a lot of smart people who can abuse the elements like before. Wind was the strongest until the change.

i hope people will put this into consideration...

Courage is not living without fear. Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.

I'm not a coward. I'm just brave enough to run.
bodik001

Postby sasha » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:49 am

bodik001 wrote:i'm sorry if it may sound like i'm whinning.. but i thought that the idea was to make this game fair?

so far everything has been good in the game... but can you at least listen to the others?
all of the other elements have been improved, earth in particular has been improved too much.. the 30 hp increase is troubling people. there has been a lot of comments about earth having too much hp.

I think sasha is a earth user because you can't see the big difference in the other elements.

Free users don't have the privilege to change stats so they can't explore that much... making a new account would be one way of knowing what is the best thing to build. but not really ideal...

i like this game a lot and i just want everyone to enjoy it... but there are a lot of smart people who can abuse the elements like before. Wind was the strongest until the change.

i hope people will put this into consideration...

HAHAHA, well of course i'm an earth user! :D
That doesn't mean i'm selfish though, i am also a water user, and i complained when some people wanted to overpower it. I find myself very objective, i have been on this forum for a while now, making suggestion to balance the game, seen more than too many selfish suggestions, and that is why i used the "whining" term. This topic is a result of a lot of whining and iracional balancing suggestions, it is here to put an end to that. I already said somewhere that people should leave balancing to experts, that things are not that simple as many see them.
sasha

Postby bodik001 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 am

hehe... i am also suggesting things to make the game more fun..

water has been improved a lot... but not a lot of people know how powerful water has become. with that much and healing it is very hard to beat. i think water could beat earth. but water damage is very small. earth has stun and damage. i know fire is balanced because even with that much power fire users are easy to kill.

But the other element users still need improvements.
some people pick the element because it is what they want not because they want to become that super strong.
but most people here in the NS wants to become strong. I think that is what most people want. But a lot of discussions have been made stating that some of the elements are weakened.

I'm a pure fire and i will never again fight an earth user. Healing is pointless when fighting an earth user.

Like the others. I want to buy the emblem, but the game is not yet stable. I have to wait till this game is more stable then buy the emblem. The game is getting interesting that's why i want to play and kill as much people as i possibly can.. :twisted:

Courage is not living without fear. Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.

bodik001

Postby aelo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 am

I agree with bodik001...

"the 30 hp increase is a bit too much... if you try fighting a earth element user and you are a different element user, the difference in hp is a bit much.. With 600 hp increase earth is almost unbeatable... Especially now that the scroll consumption has been limited.

Maybe a decrease in hp increase or for every point in earth a reduction of chakra?
Everyone has the same chakra except for water. Earth can perform more combos than other elements because of the stun.
"

I, myself, found difficulties in fighting EARTH ninjas because of their high HPs... (I'm a fire and water ninja.). . They can perform more combos (stuns); moreover, if they use thunder,too, it's very difficult.(critical & stun).. :|
They also have more chances of surviving the battle because let's say a Lvl 20 Genin (earth) has an HP of at least 1000 HP compare to other elements which have 860 Hp... :?

How I wish that instead of 30 additional HP, at least 20 HP for every attrib. points would be added to their stats... ;)
aelo

Postby sasha » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:06 am

Guys! Changes have been made! Earth used to give 20 hp per point and it got increased! Do you think it was done without reason? This topic was created to prevent further arguing about balancing! Stop it! More changes will be made for sure, game is still in alpha version, not even a beta. Are you going to complain about every future update? Please stop, concentrate on advantages of your elements, every element has one, you can see that clearly in the first post here by Kage. That is why he wrote it. This is the last time i am writing things like this... Faust, where are you when you are needed! :D
sasha

Postby bodik001 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 pm

maybe the reason why hp was increased was because, before, people think that earth was weak in the first patch. People had no idea that earth was a tank. Now with 30 hp, how on earth would someone kill an hp GOD... A lot of earth users even bargain not to use Scrolls in the pvp's. It's like they're saying " even if you use your scrolls, you are going to die". A low lvl pure earth can even beat someone if scrolls are not used. And if people noticed, there are now a lot of earth users. Do you think that it is because they like earth or because they know that earth is unbeatable? Attack power, stun combos, and Godly hp are the traits of earth. I though defense types were not supposed to have that much power?

For people with different elements fighting an earth user, your best weapon to defeat them is prayer.

Pray that when they attack and perform combos you would be able to dodge them.

bodik001

Postby Faust » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Well because I want the devs to tell us why they made Earth has a stronger def, and above average offense. And stuns as well. I understand why Thunder has stun, because their "specialty" is based on luck unlike Earth.
Faust

Postby sasha » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Ok, then i will just add that i am an earth user and earth wasn't very strong compared to fire-lightning combinations, before the changes. Earth has only one stun jutsu, just like lightning. Earth strangle does have up to 2 turn stun, but it almost has no damage, unlike that lightning jutsu. Yes, earth stun also has lesser cooldown. But guys, lightning and fire jutsus have bigger damage, and that difference will continue to grow because, with every element attribute, your jutsus get 1% higher damage. Do you have any idea what kind of damage will fire and lightning deal in higher levels? Yes, earth is very strong now, but it is just an element that is strong in lower levels, fire and lightning will be much stronger later, not to mention wind, it illustrates the late game element principle even better. I find game very balanced now, especially because i saw how battles are much more even now.
sasha

Postby bodik001 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:00 am

We don't know what will happen to the game after the next patch. The elements might be improve. Remember that all elements have 1% increase in there jutsu. We are not saying that we are focusing on fire/lightning. If you can see the big difference in all elements, earth has to be the biggest. Damagers die easily, agi has little damage, and water can spam skills like an int and we all know int has the same hp as the others. But for earth it has both damager and spam base.

Tanks are not supposed to have that much attack power. Earth has also the 30% return damage, what if the person is very lucky and it reflects every time an attack is made?

Earth users will never say that it is imbalanced because that is there attribute. But for others they see that big difference.

I have fought a couple of earth users and they always say that "no using of scrolls in pvps" thing. Just try it. Be a free user and fight a pure earth with a different element without the use of scrolls.

bodik001

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates