~ PVP Guide! ~ [Incomplete]

Share your experience and provide guidance with your Ninja friends!

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

~ PVP Guide! ~ [Incomplete]

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm

This is the official guide for PVP System. All the advice needed will be inside this thread! This will most likely be edited every time we raise the level cap.

rikudo_sage wrote:very useful guide... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...as expected from shuno
Pg 8

Gaara S wrote:Oh, nice one guide :)
Pg 7

ΘSenbonzakuraΘ wrote:Excellent Guide. ;)
Pg 5

Table of Contents:

Post 1) Intro
Post 2) FAQ
Post 3) Strategies
Post 4) Length in depth descriptions of Pure/Hybrid builds
Post 5) Improving your PVP skills
Post 6) Extreme Talents/Secret Talents
Post 7) Pets
Post 8) Eliminating myths from facts of PVP
Post 9) PVP Updates
Post 10) Thank you post
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shuno_Makura

Re: ~ Official PVP Guide! ~

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 pm

~ Post Reserved ~ Will edit this when I get a lot of questions from this thread.
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 pm

~ Strategies! ~

In this post we will talk about strategies in Ninja Saga PVP. :) There are common ones and uncommon ones. In PVP you should choose a strategy that most suits you. Not just a strategy that's the most used because it's "the best". To be honest, there is no "best" strategy, but there are some "bad" strategies. We shall rate 1-10 on each strategy depending on category.

1) Offensive

Spoiler: show
These type of PVPists relay on heavy damage to take out the opponent in an instant. Not much support. Normally these guys will have 6-8 offensive jutsus in their jutsu bar and will usually go pure lightning or pure fire.

Rating for defense... 2. The reason why the defense is not a 0 is because they can sometimes force the opponent into rethinking what their next move will be due to their HP decreasing rapidly.
Rating for offense... 10 The reason why the offense is rated 10 is because they solely rely on offense and nothing else.
Rating for flexibility... 10 This is a 10 because all they're doing is an all-out attack
Rating for intelligence... 3 This is more muscles than brawn.

Philosophy for offensive strategy: "Our defense is only as good as our offense!"

2) Tankers
These type of PVPists relay on their high HP value and using some of their opponent's attack back at them. Tankers should be pure earth as it results in more HP and a chance to reflect 30% damage back to the opponent. Playing against these guys could possibly take hours to defeat.

Rating for Defense 10. These guys take awhile to completely take down due to their HP.
Rating for Offense 7. These guys have the 3rd best offensive element for damage
Rating for Flexibility 8. These guys have more control over what their next set of jutsus they'll be using over the next turns as they would hardly need to worry about their HP at the start of the match.
Rating for Intelligence 7. Don't underestimate tankers, they may be slow, but they will defiantly defeat you if taken lightly.

Philosophy: Slow and steady wins the race

3) Cleric
Clerics use a special ability called "purify" (from the element water) to get rid of Status Effects AKA Debuffs. This is very helpful if you encounter an opponent that tries to stun you to death. Clerics are, as predicted, good tankers, so they can keep healing the themselves. These guys are also just as annoying when running into a tank. Playing these guys may end up with you rage quitting!

Rating for defense 9. These guys can heal themselves as well as purifying through debuffs you cast on them, making you lose CP for casting that jutsu and a turn for using that jutsu.
Rating for offense 6. Water ninjas have the 2nd weakest damage out of the 5 elements.
Rating for Flexibility 9. In battle they can choose whatever jutsu to use due to their high CP value. Usually these guys can go through a whole PVP battle without having to even charge 2 times!
Rating for Intelligence 8. With their ongoing stratgies of completely purifying and healing... These guys will usually destroy most builds' strategies.

4) Dodgers
These guys are usually pure wind users who do nothing buy dodge and take extra turns. Due to taking extra turns, this can be quite a handicap for wind users. At level 80, they can have a max dodge of 46, 51 if they are Dark Eye user. Playing these guys is playing a game of luck.

Rating for defense 7. They don't have much defense. They can however dodge your jutsus instead of "purifying" your jutsus to make you lose CP and lose a turn while not take damage depending on that jutsu.
Rating for Offense 5. Wind attacks are the weakest out of all elements.
Rating for Flexibility 10. With a dodge of 46%, nearly half of your jutsus will miss. Possibly over half if you aren't lucky! They will slowly start draining your HP while gaining an extra turn from you by their agility.
Rating for Intelligence 7. Most would think agility is a good thing to gain an extra turn, but it is not. Their buffs will last shorter than those of lower agility and those with lower agility will have a longer time with their buff.

5) Hybrids
These guys like to fight with the benefits of all the elements wind, water, fire, earth, and thunder. These guys like to gamble and usually end up paying a hefty price.. Sorta reminds me of Tsunade and her gambling. These guys are usually a balance type of build.

Rating for defense 5.
Rating for Offense 5.
Rating for Flexibility 5.
Rating for Intelligence 5.

Add-ons

What are add-ons you ask?! These are adding onto the type of strategy people use. For example you are a lockdown dodger. Your task is to completely lock down your opponent while slowly draining away their HP, however, if one of your jutsus are to miss/purified you will have to rely on your massive dodge to cover for it. Usually add-ons are talents, pets, and jutsus. By using add-ons, you can completely bring a strategy to its full potential!
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Hybrids and Pure users have been on Ninja Saga since the very start. However, there has been ongoing discussions about which is better.

Pure users. These guys focus all attributes onto one single element. Not much to talk about here.

Hybrid users. These guys focus on evenly putting attributes on all elements. Well not always, but they sometimes do. Here is an example of a level 80 hybrid user: 16 stats fire, 16 stats water, 16 stats wind, 16 stats earth, 16 stats Lightning. If you are going to be a hybrid user, you shouldn't do this since it requires way too much luck. Something like this is acceptable: 79 stats water, 1 stat wind. This gives this hybrid user to gain 1st turn from their opponents who are not pure wind users while giving them 0.4% dodge.
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Improving PvP skills

Shuno fanatic: Shuno-kun! How do I improve in PVP? :oops:

Shuno: Simple! All you have to do is find weaknesses of your char and how you can prevent it from being a weakness. For example if you lack offense, it's best that you take out a jutsu that you hardly use in PVP like Great yama cannon and Phoenix breath. These would hardly be used in PVP because not all players are wind users. Just find the jutsus you hardly ever use and replace them with something that will help you in battle. Also, I recommend reading this guide as you get a great info about other builds. Knowledge is power. Meaning, it's better to know what you're facing and having to know what they're going to try to do than not knowing what you're facing and not know what they're trying to do. It's like fighting in the dark.
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Extreme Talent/Secret Talents

Ah, let's get cracking with these. There are 4 Extreme talents and 4 Secret talents. In your Ninja Saga lifetime, you can currently learn 1 Extreme talent and 2 secret talents.

For more info about these talents please check out my thread on them here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=136676

It lists all of the talents that are updated. ;)

Talents support many builds. Whether you lack offense or support, you must choose the right talent to help you with that. For instance I am a Wind Water and Earth user. As you can see, this build lacks offense. This can easily be fixed by choosing the right talent (and the right pet) as I stated. I will go over the Extreme talents and the Secret talents in which category they fit under.

Offense: 8 Extremities (Extreme talent), Explosive Lava (Secret talent),

Support: Dark Eye (Extreme talent), Deadly Performance (Extreme talent), Demon Sound (Secret Talent), Hidden Silhouette (Secret talent, emblem)

Balanced: Eye of Mirror (Extreme talent, Emblem), Enraged Forest (Secret talent)

8 extremities is crucial for anyone who lacks offense to get this talent! Especially when you go pure wind. As you have the support, you can stunlock your opponent while slowly buffing yourself up with 8ext. If you can hit right, you can finish off your opponent in just ONE hit from this talent, the only problem is if you're willing to take a gamble on that. If you're going against a pure wind user, I recommend you don't try to finish off the opponent so rashly. Here's how you do it: Sexy transformation jutsu, Opp uses Sensor class technique, Feather Illusion him/her (Or you could use Enraged forest's stun that stuns the opponent for 3 turns, but you have to max out Enrage forest's skill for that, but that can cause you to need more chakra to use the finishing move so equip Soryu which lets you recover 8% CP when your CP is at 50% or under), Extreme mode, Opp Sleep 2, Hidden among rocks, Opp Sleep 1, Ultimate dance = 1 hit KO.

Remember, you should always max out your talents! After all, that combo only works if you have your talent maxed.

If you're fighting a wind user just try to keep spamming with your Soul Punch attack from 8ext. It does 566 damage when you're level 80 while only taking away 16 of your CP, that's right, 16! It's cooldown is 6. I can go on and on about this, but I think I'll stop here.... XD Okay, I lied. Downsides = when using Ultimate Dance, you can't heal for 4 turns.

Explosive lava is for offense, but I don't see this for PVP. It only strengthens your fire and earth attacks and has a 65% chance to burn the opponent for 2 turns (takes away 2% each turn). I could see a use for it though. Pure earth users could use this skill to further their lack of damage, but that's about it.

Dark Eye is amazing. It gives you 5% extra dodge and 5% extra crit rate while improving your accuracy by 10%! This is great because when you're facing a nonpure wind user, your attacks shouldn't miss (unless they for some reason have Straw hat and Wind walker equipped) Reduce damage 20% 4 turns, Recover 20% HP 3 turns in one skill aswell, but the downside is that you won't be able to charge for 3 turns. However, Dark eye users have a 20% extra CP pool than users who don't have Dark Eye. If you're pure water, that is over 6k CP at level 80. Finally you can restrict your target while having a 30% chance to remove all their buffs from them! Buffs = evasion, fire power, shield of suiten, embrace of golem, ect.

Deadly Performance is an extreme talent for support. Passive skills grant 5% reduce damage, 20%resist stun, and 10% to rebound 50% damage back to opponent; this means if they do 100 damage to you, then you deal back 50 damage right at them. Finally, its other skills let you put your opponent under Barrier status unabling them to do anything for 3 turns, 40% extra damage while making them lose 40% dodge 3 turns, convert 100% damage delt from skill to 100% HP at same time, and all damage taken converted to HP 2 turns. Using the HP skills from this talent could subsitute for lack of refresh(water ninjutsu) is sometimes a risky idea. Why? It can miss your opponent... Given the fact they could be pure wind. Then you have the convert damage you would take into HP. You could dodge from your opponent or your opponent could restrict/stun/debuff you losing your 2 turns of converting damage into HP.

Demon sound is a secret talent for support. It's a better than average talent. Passive includes 70% chance to reduce 20% damage when you hit your opponent with wind/lightning attacks. Demon Song: Phantom Wave blinds your opponent by 20% for 3 turns. Demon Song: Song of Fantasia puts a random skill opponent possess into cooldown for 14 turns. Now let's review the skills! The passive isn't so helpful since most builds (and by most builds I mean the ones that are actually good) focuses on kinjutsu rather than ninjutsu.

Hidden silhouette is a secret talent for support. Devs have worded its passive skill wrong. It says it will inflict capture on the target making them dodge less by 10% for 3 turns. However, it's Silhouette status that does that. Strangle from the talent stuns you and your opponent for 3 turns while reducing your opp's HP by 2 %, but if they are under Silhouette status it will reduce your opponent's HP by 4% for 3 turns. Extinguish restricts your opponet for 2 turns while doing damage, but the damage is 3x greater when your opponent is under Silhouette status. If you are a pure wind/earth user, you can use Embrace of golem and then use strangle the next turn. This gets you out of the stun effect off of Strangle.

Eye of Mirror is an extreme talent built on balance. Passive skills include 25% chance you can automatically copy and use that skill immediately. (Not effective when CP is not adequate for copying skill), 30% chance to rebound Genjutsu. Other skills: Mirror of Passion burns your opponent by 2% for 10 turns, Mirror of strength (5 turns), Successful Titan Attack has 10% chance to 'Stun' the enemy for 1 turn, Mirror of grace 100% chance to inflict Chaos & Restriction on target (cannot control character and use jutsu)(3 turns), Reduce target damage by 100% for 3 turns., Mirror of freedom revives your HP is 0 back up to 40% HP and 40% CP gained (passive NOTE after this activates debuffs are gone but your buffs are still there. However, you can't use Eye of Mirror talent anymore) Skill review! Passives are okay, if you want to try and copy your opponent's skills try being a pure water ninja. This skill does take a lot of CP, so being pure water will take care of that. 30% rebounding genjutsus is great since a lot of people have Dark Mind Restriction which restricts you for 5 turns. If you want, you can be a pure wind and have a chance to rebound/dodge the kinjutsu.You can be pure water aswell and try to rebound/purify the kin. I don't recommend Mirror of Passion to be used in PVP. It takes the most chakra out of the whole talent and you don't want to include anything that could "burn" your opponent since of Feather Illusion (if you use it that is). Mirror of strength can provide you with exttra damage, but don't use it if you don't have your opponent restricted/stunned. Mirror of grace is selexplained.

Enraged forest is a balanced type secret talent. Its passive skill has a 48% to heal your HP (sometimes CP) by 5% when you're using a water/earth jutsu. It contains the highest damage dealing skill out of all talents! Smothering Bind will stun your opponent for 3 turns. I don't think I will need to explain for this talent since its skills are selfexplanatory.
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Pets

There are many pets out there in Ninja Saga. Some help aid you in World Boss, PvP, and exams. There are some that are balanced out like some hybrid users. In this post we will be analyzing each pet for PVP purpose.

Leiko. This is the snake pet. It's mainly used for World boss. I can somewhat see it as a PVP pet with some of its skills. Out of the skills these can be used in PVP

Catalytic Matter - Increases your damage by 7% while decreasing your HP by 2% for 2 turns. You may be asking why this is good when it reduces your HP, but look at it this way. An opponent casts sleep on you and plans to recharge or try to pull of a heavy damage jutsu on you. Leiko can break this spell by casting this move to avoid you from being in sleep state. This is a gamble.

Hazy Smoke - Decrease accuracy of target by 5% for 2 turns. This is good for wind users as you have more chance to dodge.

Chiko. This pet is amazing for those looking to find a pet for anti-wind purposes. It decreases 15% dodge of the opponent and increases your accuracy by 5%. However, I only suggest this if you're making a character to fight friends who are pure wind. Pets that will barely help you against other types of PVPist shouldn't be used.

Suzu. This pet is okay... It can restrict opp for 1 turn and stun 1 turn.

Eriko. This pet is good for pure wind users. As it takes away 15% accuracy from the opponent for 2 turns!

Suki. This pet is amazing for tankers! You take 30% less damage by attacks for 2 turns, paired up with golemn protection that's 70%! It can also take away 100% damage for 1 turn and decrease 5% damage for 2 turns. ;)

Easa. This pet is amazing for tankers, clerics, and dodgers. It provides offense that these builds lack. Also, it has a skill where it gives you a serene mind. This means the opponent takes whatever damage he was suppose to do to you for 2 turns.

Keiko. Has 2 skills that can restrict one turn each. This pet I wouldn't use because of it's fiery flame. Firey flame can backfire on you if you use skills such as "Feather Illusion".

Tomaru. Not good at PVP at all. Period.

Yamaru. Good for tankers, clerics, and dodgers. It can drain 5% HP, 10% CP from opponent to its master. Can put one skill into cooldown and heal 5% hp and purify master. A wind user with this is most likely going to stand a better chance against tankers and clerics.
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Eliminating myths from facts of PVP

... "My opponent told me that if I press CTRL and W outside of the Ninja Saga box I would win any fight, is this true Shuno?"

Yes, it's true if you press CTRL and W outside of the Ninja Saga box during a PVP fight you will win. :oops:
Last edited by Shuno_Makura on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shuno_Makura

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 pm

~ Post Reserved ~
Shuno_Makura

Re: ~ PVP Guide! ~ [Incomplete]

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:09 pm

~ Post Reserved ~
Shuno_Makura

Next

Return to Guides and Advice