About Dark Eye's weakness

Share your experience and provide guidance with your Ninja friends!

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

About Dark Eye's weakness

Postby oresthsmakrhs » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:39 pm

My opinion is that Dark Eye as a talent is incomplete and inferior to all others.Let's compare similar skills :
(I ll take into consideration the fact that not everyone can upgrade every talent to lvl 10.Also i wont compare it with 8 extremities because of the obvious differences of 8xtr with all other talents)

Meridians Destruction vs Burial of Dead Bone vs Mirror of Grace
BoDB stops the entire opposing team for 2-3 turns > MoG most likely prevents the enemy from dealing damage for 3 turns or can completely stop their actions > MD deals moderate damage(around 600-700 near the higher level) and a measly 2 rounds restriction

Meridian Anesthesia vs Wondrous Doors vs Mirror of Freedom
MA provides a 30% heal plus 20% reduction at the cost of not being able to charge for 3 turns.An ok boost but nothing compared to < Wondrous Doors.3 turns of complete or almost invulnerability and < Mirror of Freedom,a one-time ressurect.

Mirror of Passion vs Needle Barrage vs One sword

One sword has very good damage plus an awesome 40% expose defence and numb > Mirror of Passion has ok damage and 10 round blaze making it a very good boss killer skill > Needle Barrage.500 points of damage for the 2000+ TP you spent on upgrading it plus a ridiculous debuff to the enemy(Target can only refill 60% of the maximum CP (4 turns))

I will cram the rest passive skills together :

Dark Eye and Meridian Search and Meridian Strengthen vs Soul of Onmyouji and Soul of Samurai
vs Eye of Mirror and Crescent Eye of Mirror

This is the only place that Dark Eye excells more than the other 2 talents and thats only because Dark eye users can achieve a little higher dodge and critical rate (accuracy and crit damage are not as important).Also they have vast chakra pools and the ability to recover much chakra in one charge,while the other 2 have some resistances and damage reduction.

This entire comparison between the 3 talents was made so i can make my point clearly.I didn't even compare Mirror of Strength and Divine Wind with Dark eye because it doesn't have anything close to those skills!
I guess its ok for Eye of Mirror to be superior to all others but Deadly Performance has no excuse.
Dark Eye is left behind and needs to change .Needle Barrage needs to change ASAP!It is by far the worst Extreme Talent skill.Even if somehow i maxed every other 1 and could spare TP to upgrade it i would never do it.

Sincerely yours,a humble NS player.
oresthsmakrhs

Re: About Dark Eye's weakness

Postby Barbaroti » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Ok lets begin...

Meridians Destruction vs Burial of Dead Bone vs Mirror of Grace
BoDB stops the entire opposing team for 2-3 turns > MoG most likely prevents the enemy from dealing damage for 3 turns or can completely stop their actions > MD deals moderate damage(around 600-700 near the higher level) and a measly 2 rounds restriction

You also forgot to mention MD has Disperse, at 30% activation rate at max, which you would be surprised at how usefull that can be, let it be either PVP,to take out damage combos, or WB. Plus, as you said, MD does damage, waht else do you want?

Meridian Anesthesia vs Wondrous Doors vs Mirror of Freedom
MA provides a 30% heal plus 20% reduction at the cost of not being able to charge for 3 turns.An ok boost but nothing compared to < Wondrous Doors.3 turns of complete or almost invulnerability and < Mirror of Freedom,a one-time ressurect.

Nothing to discuss here, MA is a meh skill at best, maybe for a pure earth, but then again which pure earth goes DE :?

Mirror of Passion vs Needle Barrage vs One sword
One sword has very good damage plus an awesome 40% expose defence and numb > Mirror of Passion has ok damage and 10 round blaze making it a very good boss killer skill > Needle Barrage.500 points of damage for the 2000+ TP you spent on upgrading it plus a ridiculous debuff to the enemy(Target can only refill 60% of the maximum CP (4 turns))

You can't just compare this skill together. MoP is mainly a high lvl WB skill for its %DMG, useless in any other scenario. One Sword, is an all around situation for low hp fights, low lvl bosses and PVP. Finally, Needle Barrage is a purely PVP skill, wont work in any other scenario, its supposed to ruin combos while doing damage.

Dark Eye and Meridian Search and Meridian Strengthen vs Soul of Onmyouji and Soul of Samurai
vs Eye of Mirror and Crescent Eye of Mirror

This is the only place that Dark Eye excells more than the other 2 talents and thats only because Dark eye users can achieve a little higher dodge and critical rate (accuracy and crit damage are not as important).Also they have vast chakra pools and the ability to recover much chakra in one charge,while the other 2 have some resistances and damage reduction.

This is the main attraction of DE, the passive skills. This attracts quite different type of builds: Thunder for Chakra (which they really need) , Wind for Dodge, Water if you want even more Chakra. Plus 50% Chakra Recovery, that's at least 1476 Chakra, when you have Search and Strenghten max'ed on a character with no points on water.

This entire comparison between the 3 talents was made so i can make my point clearly.I didn't even compare Mirror of Strength and Divine Wind with Dark eye because it doesn't have anything close to those skills!
I guess its ok for Eye of Mirror to be superior to all others but Deadly Performance has no excuse.
Dark Eye is left behind and needs to change .Needle Barrage needs to change ASAP!It is by far the worst Extreme Talent skill.Even if somehow i maxed every other 1 and could spare TP to upgrade it i would never do it.

It's not the worst Extreme Talent skill, it depends on the build of the character you use it and how you plan to use it.
Barbaroti

Postby Shiryu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 pm

@TS - ur prolly the type of player who wants to depend on talent too much. Well, DE aint like that. Its more like a boost talent, the passives improve your character thus you dont need to depend on the talent's active skill anymore. Comparing DE to a much superior talent (EOM) is stupid and each and every talent is unique, dont compare each skill to another because they are different. If u want an attack talent then go get 8ex, but if u want a more passive type talent then go for DE.
Spoiler: show
Shiryu

Postby Peter_Griffin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Dark Eye is an awesome talent. You just need to use it wisely. :ugeek:
Peter_Griffin

Postby The.MiGz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 am

Peter_Griffin wrote:Dark Eye is an awesome talent. You just need to use it wisely. :ugeek:

+1 DE WWT here 8-)
The.MiGz

Postby windwolf777 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 am

The.MiGz wrote:
Peter_Griffin wrote:Dark Eye is an awesome talent. You just need to use it wisely. :ugeek:

+1 DE WWT here 8-)

+1 Again. Same elements. Amazing for the chakra recovery, along with the GOD-LIKE, % boost to the same stat, makes all lightning, earth, fire, and wind users cry for joy. Not to mention the fact that it allows users who didnt chose water an 1 of their elements to heal. Along with the fact that it lets you heal over time without using a jutsu every turn for it. Not to mention the damage reduction during the HP heal. AND the passive boosts are amazing :twisted: PS. It makes for a good sig :lol:
EDIT:
O myn facebook account I'm a WWF. Still works amazingly. The CP is still needed because of fire jutsu cost, I still run pure wind, still can use the boosts to their fullest, high crit dmg is appreciated, 2 turn restrict loved, damage lowering and HP raising loved. All in all, DE is for anything
Last edited by windwolf777 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler: show

Windwolf777 LV 80
Wind/Water/Fire
Yamaru
Dark Eyes
Hidden Silhouette/Enraged Forest (for now)
Senior Ninja Tutor
windwolf777

Postby zetcorteza » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 am

DE is the best for free users because of the passive attributes that are always present throughout the game. dont depend too much on skills having 16 cooldowns coz they require too many *** during play.
zetcorteza

Postby Jobeliano » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 am

DE is best, then tell me your win % because I personally think that DE is not good, no offense though. :|
Jobeliano

Postby Argetlahm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 am

For your information, Dark Eye's Needle Barrage > Eight Extremities' Soul Punch
Its a great gold extreme talent and on top of that it's not buggy! :cry:
There are two kind of people whom you should never be angry to, those who are less intelligent and those who are less sane 8-)
Argetlahm

Postby Manx66 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 am

Dark eye totally rocks......! but i agree with you in some points!

needle barrage can break combos.... but the enemy still have 60% CP pretty much, he can kill you with that 60%

they should add poison to the needles..... then poison the enemy 2% for 3 turns.. (less than hellfire) still good for pvp and boss but not OP..........

and.... meridian anesthesia is not that good :roll: most DE users have water to do "refresh" more HP with less CP cost..... :ugeek: :ugeek: but is a good deffence against enemys in PVP because they dont know what to do (they should remove the charge disable of this skill)
Emblem user:
Manx - LVL 60 - Tensai Jounin - WWF
Sasori - LVL 56 - Jounin - WEF
Manx66

Next

Return to Guides and Advice